University Hospitals – Cleveland Medical Center
About University Hospitals – Cleveland Medical Center
University Hospitals – Cleveland Medical Center is headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio and is Northeast Ohio’s top healthcare provider. They have 26,000 employees and 1,032 beds.
- The hospital’s Zebra print devices were being repaired on an ad-hoc basis with no cost/asset management strategy.
- To reduce expenses, the supply management team sourced generic labels for patient wristbands, which were created with ribbon printers.
- Ever increasing service calls, inconsistent quality on patient wristbands, and potential HIPPA violations.
- Was a procurement decision, but an IT pain point.
- Created an asset & service management strategy that simplified the hospital’s end user experience.
- Created a managed supply program that included OEM wristband labels and Zebra print heads – replacing archaic ribbon printing solution.
- Single source solution
- The supply management and IT teams are no longer dealing with output management of patient identity.
- The hospital was able to upgrade old printing technology, reduce HIPPA violation risks, and improve end-user satisfaction at a cost point lower than their previous spend.
- The hospital now has a “go-forward” management strategy that is forecastable and will allow for technology improvements with minimal investment move forward.